2008/11/04

Three cities down and one to go……YEAH!!!!

It was a late night. Kassie gave Mommy a “love bite” when I was trying to put her back to sleep. Okay it was more of a real bite than a love bite but we’re working on it. We woke late and ate breakfast late and then did some last minute gift shopping.

Then it was back to the room for the final pack. The “Magic Potty” fits in the suitcase….yeah!! We bought a small backpack for Bill to carry on the plane. We filled the backpack he used on the plane over with some souvenirs and Kassie’s clothes and it will be checked. Now that we have the additional passenger and are flying international weight limits are more, we are fine for the plane.

Kristin is a wreck about the 15 hours flight home.

We are meeting David at 2:30pm today to go to the embassy for the swearing in ceremony and then we are off to the train station for the 2 hours ride to Hong Kong. Hopefully we will have internet access in the hotel in Hong Kong and we can update before we fly home.

Bill and Kristin cannot wait to see everyone in the airport. Friendly and loving faces will be a welcome sight. We miss everyone terribly. We would LOVE to see everyone as soon as we’re home and in the week following our return but we’d like to ask for some private time. Bill is home from work for one more week and we would like to have some time for just the three of us. Kassie has had one heck of a world wind week and we’d like us to have some family time for the next few days in the house. Please give us a call so we can chat and catch up and make plans for short get togethers in order to not overwhelm her. This is going to be an adjustment for all of us. We thank you for your understanding and constant support. We know how loved we are and greatly appreciate it.

Bill promises to update the blog with pictures tonight…..she is sooo cute….wait till you see. Thanks for the updates and notes from home. It helps everyone at home to not feel so far away.

11 comments:

Faye said...

Have a safe trip home. Hope you enjoyed the train trip to HK. Apart from "Gotcha Day" that was my favorite part of our adoption trip! Can't wait to see new photos... Welcome HOME to another Qidong beauty and her forever family!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for safe travel back to the states. I look forward to speaking with everyone and am super excited for you.

Anonymous said...

I sooooo wish I could be there to welcome you back to the US! Baby brother, sista' sista', MeMa and PaPa...consider yourself hugged. Give Miss Kassie a big huge hug and a kiss for me. I'm thrilled and overjoyed that you all are almost home - Magic Potty and all! I look forward to pictures. They have warmed my heart. Warmest wishes for a safe trip back and enjoy your private family time with your spicy girl! (See, I'm smiling just thinking of her!) I love you guys and will talk with you soon. Welcome home!!

Anonymous said...

Benadryl?

Carcich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carcich said...

Yeah, that's it. Drug her...heck why not just give her some Ambien while you're at it. Good idea Anon.

Safe travels!!! Looking very forward to seeing you and Kassie! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I read in my speech-language seminar last night t he following.... "Behavior is communication." I immediately thought of you and had to share. Hang in there and we'll see you soon!

Kirsten said...

Kristin and Bill,
Have a wonderful trip home. I can't wait to meet Kassie and hear the stories of your wonderful adventure..Thanks for sharing w/ all of us.

eporter66 said...

Have a safe trip home!!! Believe it or not, you WILL be home before you know it! The hotel in Hong Kong was neat, if you are staying at the same one we did - you can walk into the airport from the hotel. It also has a ton of shopping, so any last minute things you want will be right there!
Best Wishes, we will be thinking of you as you make the trip back.

Eric, Joyce & Cammy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

When my ex and I had to make a flight with our boys (3 & 5) our doctor recommended Benedryl to help calm them down since both boys had a fear of closed in spaces. I don't see the harm in it if administered appropriately.